The Great War: Western Front - Update Notes 1.0.1
Reporting in, Commanders!
We trust you are taking to your roles as Theatre and Field Commanders effectively as you begin your campaigns. In response to your feedback from early access, we are making the following adjustments:
Strategic AI (Theatre Commander)
- Changed AI research into Income and Supply improvement technologies to better scale with game difficulty.
- Increased the wait time between assaults (except for situations where a follow-up assault is mandated such as priority regions, surrounded regions that must be recovered, or regions which are missing stars and require pressure).
- Reduced the tendency to attack weak region opportunistically. Adjacent enemy regions with large differences in troop stacks (e.g. 3 vs 1) are still likely targets.
Tactical AI (Field Commander)
- Adjusted the Pre-Battle allotment of available Supply for emplacements (artillery and Machine Gun nests) to reduce overall construction.
- Reduced the range of AI balloon vision to match expected values.
- Adjusted AI vision in adverse weather conditions to be appropriately reduced.
- Slightly reduced the artillery fire rate for targets spotted by companies as they approach.
- Reduced usage of artillery on targets solely spotted by balloons.
- Reduced the likelihood of approaching companies choosing the most appropriate target for artillery.
- Increased artillery targeting deviation, reducing overall precision.
- Reduced desire for companies to withdraw when low on morale/health.
- Reduced the company reinforcement rate.
- Set the default difficulty to Trainee to improve the new player experience.
- Adjusted the Light Artillery suppression barrage indicator to better match the suppression radius.
These changes should help the efficiency of the AI in battle and the Theatre of War to scale appropriately to your difficulty settings. Many of the effects of these changes will increase and decrease according to which difficulty you are playing on. Thank you again for your feedback, please continue to let us know about your experiences out on the front!
The Petroglyph and Frontier Foundry Teams